Privacy at Citi:
Our goal is to maintain your trust and confidence when handling personal information about you.
You have choices:
As a Citi customer, you have the opportunity to make choices. As you consider this, we encourage you to make choices that enable us to provide you with quality products and services that help you meet your financial needs and objectives.
Security of personal information:
The security of personal information about you is our priority. We protect this information by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that meet applicable law. We train our employees in the proper handling of personal information. When we use other companies to provide services for us, we require them to protect the confidentiality of personal information they receive.
As a Citi customer, you have the choice to be taken off our mailing lists for marketing and promotional offers. Should you choose not to receive these materials, you can call our 24-Hour CitiPhone Banking at +65 6224 5757 or login to
Citibank Online to fill in the privacy form in General Account Services.
Click here to find out more
Singapore has enacted a Personal Data Protection Act (the "PDPA") in January 2013 that will come into full force on July 2 2014 (the "Effective Date").
The PDPA essentially sets out the personal data protection regime of Singapore, and Citi franchises in Singapore including Citibank Singapore Limited ("Citi Singapore") like all organisations that collect, use and disclose Personal Data will be subject to nine (9) data protection obligations in relation to its collection, use and disclosure of Personal Data. "Personal Data" means any information which relates or identifies an individual, and can include voice recording, video or photographs of the individuals. "Data intermediaries" referred to below would include Citi Singapore's vendors and service providers who handle and process Personal Data on our behalf.
The nine (9) data protection obligations are:
- Consent obligation - Citi Singapore may only collect, use or disclose Personal Data for purposes which an individual has given his consent. If an individual withdraws his consent to the collection, use or disclosure for any purpose, Citi Singapore must cease such collection, use or disclosure of the Personal Data.
- Purpose Limitation Obligation - Citi Singapore may collect, use or disclose Personal Data about an individual for the purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances and for which the individual has given consent, and must limit its collection, use or disclosure of personal data only to such purpose.
- Notification Obligation - Citi Singapore must notify an individual of the purposes for which it is intending to collect, use or disclose his Personal Data on or before the collection, use or disclosure of Personal Data.
- Access and Correction Obligation - Citi Singapore must, upon request, provide an individual with information about the ways in which his Personal Data has been or may have been used or disclosed within a year before the request. Upon request, Citi Singapore is also required to correct any error or omission in an individual's Personal Data; and send the corrected data to other organisations to which the Personal Data was disclosed by Citi Singapore within a year before the correction is made.
- Accuracy Obligation - Citi Singapore must make reasonable effort to ensure that Personal Data collected by or on its behalf is accurate and complete, if it is likely to be used to make a decision that affects the individual, or if it is likely to be disclosed to another organisation.
- Protection Obligation - Citi Singapore must make reasonable security arrangements to protect the Personal Data that it possesses or controls to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure or similar risks. This obligation is also extended by the PDPA to data intermediaries of Citi Singapore who process Personal Data on its behalf.
- Retention Limitation Obligation - Citi Singapore must cease to retain Personal Data or remove the means by which the Personal Data can be associated with an individual when it is no longer necessary for any business or legal purpose. This obligation is also extended by the PDPA to data intermediaries of Citi Singapore who process Personal Data on its behalf.
- Transfer Limitation Obligation - Citi Singapore may transfer Personal Data to another country only according to the requirements prescribed under law, to ensure that the standard of protection provided to the Personal Data so transferred will be comparable to the protection under the PDPA, unless exempted by the Personal Data Protection Commission.
- Openness Obligation - Citi Singapore must make information about its data protection policies, practices and complaints process available on request.
For further enquiries, please reach out to our Personal Data Protection Office:
Personal Data Protection Officer
Citibank Singapore Ltd
Global Consumer Group
Robinson Road P.O.Box 356
Information about cookies:
Cookies facilitate certain features that can make the surfing experience more convenient and valuable for Web users.
A "cookie" is a small piece of information which a web server can store on your web browser. This is useful for having your browser remember some specific information which the web server can later retrieve. As you browse the web, some cookies are "set" on your Web browser. When you quit your browser, some cookies are stored in your computer's memory in a cookie file, while some expire, or disappear. All cookies have expiration dates. The cookie is set on a particular browser on a particular computer, so when you use a different computer, the cookie will not exist.
You can decide if and how your computer will accept a cookie by configuring your preferences or options in your browser. However, if you choose to reject cookies, you may not be able to use some of our online services or website features.
Cookies of Other Companies
We occasionally use other companies to set cookies on our websites and gather cookie information for us. In some cases we will also use another company to operate web servers for our sites. We use the cookie information gathered by these companies in the same manner as stated in the previous section. The companies we use may not use these cookies for their own internal purposes or share the information gathered with anyone other than Citibank, in accordance with the terms of the contracts they have signed with us.
For further information regarding cookies of other companies associated with Citibank.com.sg please refer to www.netratings.com.
If you decide to register for an informational site, such as a newspaper, periodical or an interest group site, or even a chat group or on-line community, so that you can use it on a regular basis, you will likely be asked to supply some information about yourself. Often cookies are used so that you do not have to identify yourself every time you re-enter the site.
Cookies allow users to indicate what types of information they are interested in receiving when they visit a particular site. Users can then view only what they are interested in and not waste time with news or information of no interest to them.
Web Site Tracking
Tracking allows site owners to find out what pages visitors link to, and interpret or infer what is interesting to them. This helps the owners of sites to keep their content fresh and relevant.
Cookies cannot be used to obtain data from your hard drive, get your e-mail address or steal sensitive or personal information about you. The only way that any private information could be part of your cookie file would be if you personally gave that information to a Web server. Also, each cookie can only be read by the server that set it, so strange servers cannot view or steal the information in a cookie that you have previously accepted.
If you, as a visitor, want to disallow cookies you can do so on your Web browser.