Privacy at Citi:
Our goal is to maintain your trust and confidence when handling personal information about you.
You have choices:
As a Citi customer, you have the choice to be taken off our mailing lists for global market information and research, and from time to time, information on your products and services (including banking, investments, loans, credit cards and insurance), promotions, events, and investment opportunities.
Should you choose not to receive these materials, simply complete the Privacy Form or sign on to Citibank Online to send us a Secured message - Login> Services > MY PROFILE > MY MESSAGE > Inbox > Compose Mail > Select "Subscribe or remove from Marketing Malls/Emails”.
If you are, or will be, a resident of the U.S. State of California, you have certain rights with respect to your Personal Information under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) as of January 1, 2020. For more information about what this means to you, please click here https://www.citigroup.com/citi/privacy.html.
To access your rights under CCPA, please call U.S. +1 833-971-1191 or click here CCPA non-US Request to print a form and mail to us.
Security of personal information:
The security of personal information about you is our priority. We protect this information by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that meet applicable law. We train our employees in the proper handling of personal information. When we use other companies to provide services for us, we require them to protect the confidentiality of personal information they receive.
As a Citi customer, you have the choice to be taken off our mailing lists for marketing and promotional offers. Should you choose not to receive these materials, you can call our 24-Hour CitiPhone Banking at +65 6224 5757 or login to
Citibank Online to fill in the privacy form in General Account Services.
Singapore has enacted a Personal Data Protection Act (the "PDPA") in January 2013 that came into full force on July 2 2014 (the "Effective Date").
The PDPA essentially sets out the personal data protection regime of Singapore, and Citi franchises in Singapore including Citibank Singapore Limited ("Citi Singapore") like all organizations that collect, use and disclose Personal Data will be subject to nine (9) data protection obligations in relation to its collection, use and disclosure of Personal Data. "Personal Data" means any information which relates or identifies an individual, and can include voice recording, video or photographs of the individuals. "Data intermediaries" referred to below would include Citi Singapore's vendors and service providers who handle and process Personal Data on our behalf.
The nine (9) data protection obligations are:
- Consent obligation - Citi Singapore may only collect, use or disclose Personal Data for purposes which an individual has given his consent. If an individual withdraws his consent to the collection, use or disclosure for any purpose, Citi Singapore must cease such collection, use or disclosure of the Personal Data.
- Purpose Limitation Obligation - Citi Singapore may collect, use or disclose Personal Data about an individual for the purposes that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances and for which the individual has given consent, and must limit its collection, use or disclosure of personal data only to such purpose.
- Notification Obligation - Citi Singapore must notify an individual of the purposes for which it is intending to collect, use or disclose his Personal Data on or before the collection, use or disclosure of Personal Data.
- Access and Correction Obligation - Citi Singapore must, upon request, provide an individual with information about the ways in which his Personal Data has been or may have been used or disclosed within a year before the request. Upon request, Citi Singapore is also required to correct any error or omission in an individual's Personal Data; and send the corrected data to other organizations to which the Personal Data was disclosed by Citi Singapore within a year before the correction is made.
- Accuracy Obligation - Citi Singapore must make reasonable effort to ensure that Personal Data collected by or on its behalf is accurate and complete, if it is likely to be used to make a decision that affects the individual, or if it is likely to be disclosed to another organization.
- Protection Obligation - Citi Singapore must make reasonable security arrangements to protect the Personal Data that it possesses or controls to prevent unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure or similar risks. This obligation is also extended by the PDPA to data intermediaries of Citi Singapore who process Personal Data on its behalf.
- Retention Limitation Obligation - Citi Singapore must cease to retain Personal Data or remove the means by which the Personal Data can be associated with an individual when it is no longer necessary for any business or legal purpose. This obligation is also extended by the PDPA to data intermediaries of Citi Singapore who process Personal Data on its behalf.
- Transfer Limitation Obligation - Citi Singapore may transfer Personal Data to another country only according to the requirements prescribed under law, to ensure that the standard of protection provided to the Personal Data so transferred will be comparable to the protection under the PDPA, unless exempted by the Personal Data Protection Commission.
- Openness Obligation - Citi Singapore must make information about its data protection policies, practices and complaints process available on request.
For more information on the ways your personal data may be collected, used and disclosed, please refer to our Privacy Circular.
Access and correction request
If you would like to request access to your personal data held by Citibank Singapore Limited, please complete an Access Request Form. The completed form should be mailed to us at the address below.
Please note that an administrative fee will be charged to process your access request.
The Privacy Form and more information about privacy choices may be found on www.ipb.citibank.com.sg/privacy.
For further enquiries, please reach out to our Personal Data Protection Office:
Personal Data Protection Officer
Citibank Singapore Ltd
Global Consumer Group
Robinson Road P.O.Box 356
Information about cookies:
Cookies facilitate certain features that can make the surfing experience more convenient and valuable for Web users.
A "cookie" is a small piece of information which a web server can store on your web browser. This is useful for having your browser remember some specific information which the web server can later retrieve. As you browse the web, some cookies are "set" on your Web browser. When you quit your browser, some cookies are stored in your computer's memory in a cookie file, while some expire, or disappear. All cookies have expiration dates. The cookie is set on a particular browser on a particular computer, so when you use a different computer, the cookie will not exist.
To measure site activity and provide a better user experience, Citibank Singapore Limited (“Citibank”), Citigroup Inc. and/or our affiliates may allow our service providers or business partners to compile information from the cookies, Web beacons or other technologies on our websites which may include information about your visit (such as demographic data, browser type, IP address, pages visited, activities conducted on the page and the day and time of your visit).We may also use this information to develop personalized content and appropriate advertising based on your visits over time on Citibank Singapore Limited (“Citibank”), Citigroup Inc. and/or our affiliates.
You can control how cookies are used on your computer or device by changing your browser settings. If you decided to delete or block certain cookies, your experience on the website may be limited and you may not be able to use some of our online features, especially where cookies are used for security and fraud detection functions.
Cookies of Other Companies
We occasionally use other companies to set cookies on our websites and gather cookie information for us. In some cases we will also use another company to operate web servers for our sites. We use the cookie information gathered by these companies in the same manner as stated in the previous section. The companies we use may not use these cookies for their own internal purposes or share the information gathered with anyone other than Citibank, in accordance with the terms of the contracts they have signed with us.
Applying for Citi Services Online
Citibank users can opt for Online Banking Service. Users can select the option to “Remember by User ID” in the login page during the login process. The cookies will then store the UserID in your system to facilitate your login process in future sessions. This option is not enabled by default and must be explicitly enabled by the user.
Cookies allow users to indicate what types of information they are interested in receiving when they visit a particular site. Users can then view only what they are interested in and not waste time with news or information of no interest to them.
Web Site Tracking
Tracking allows site owners to find out what pages visitors link to, and interpret or infer what is interesting to them. This helps the owners of sites to keep their content fresh and relevant.
We may use similar technologies, particularly in mobile advertising, that use device information to help deliver our advertisements and measure advertising campaign effectiveness. We and companies we work with may collect your device information when you visit one of our sites or see our ads. Compiling and comparing these attributes can create a unique ID for individual devices and can be "matched" to the same attributes appearing on other sites or mobile applications. Some companies we work with are also able to associate related devices into households based on common characteristics, such as IP addresses.
Like most advertisers, we place advertisements where we think they will be most relevant to customers. We place advertisements by developing and using our own marketing segments that may combine online and offline information about our current and prospective customers. Cookies can be used to build a profile of where on a particular site you visit. This information is then used to target advertising that might be of interest to you.
If you, as a visitor, want to disallow cookies you can do so on your Web browser. It's important to note that the information we use about you helps us provide you with products, services and experiences that benefit you. You have the ability to control how your non-personal information is collected and used online.
Notice of Changes
From time to time, we may change this Online Privacy Statement. The effective date of this statement, as indicated below, shows the last time this statement was revised or materially changed. Checking the effective date below allows you to determine whether there have been changes since the last time you reviewed the statement.
This Online Privacy Statement was last modified on October 1 2021.