- Online Foreign Exchange (eFX)
The FX market is the world's largest financial market and it operates 24 hours a day, five days a week. You can now tap into FX market opportunities using our Citibank eFX via Citi Mobile® App or Citibank Online.
Through a suite of personalized, real-time and automated features, our Citibank eFX Trading platform aims to provide you with services that are tailored to your foreign currency trading needs.
ONLINE INVESTMENT SERVICES
Want the latest FX rates
FX trading at your fingertips. Now available on Citi Mobile® App and Citibank Online.
Simple Steps to Start Online Forex Trading
Citibank eFX lets you quickly and easily access the FX market and manage your trades on the go through Citi Mobile® App or Citibank Online.
Sign on to Citi Mobile® App or Citibank Online with your User ID & Password to access the Citibank eFX.
Enter your User ID and Password on your Citi Mobile App or Citibank Online. Go to "FX Trading" in the top menu.
View live-streaming FX rates of your favorite and recently-transacted currencies, all in one page.
Enter the trade details and instantly secure the rate (60 seconds lock-in on the rate).
Click here to download a copy of the step-by-step Citibank eFX guide for Citi Mobile® App or Citibank Online.
Instant Forex trading
Act instantly when the pricing hits your desired level
Order Watch: Limit Orders and Stop-Limit Orders
Order Watch allows you to place an order in advance, knowing that the trade will only be completed if rates hit the level you desire, within your preferred timeframe (up to 30 calendar days)
Timely, customized order alerts and price notification
Keeps you informed instantly of price movements and executed orders with different alerts including Rate Alert, Trade Confirmation, Order Watch Execution and Order Watch Expiry Alert.
Keep track of your Forex trades
Track and review all your transactions easily, wherever you are
Forex Trading Risks
- Foreign currency trading is subject to rate fluctuations, which may provide both opportunities and risks.
- Investors investing in investment and/or treasury products denominated in non-local currency should be aware of the risks of exchange rate fluctuations that may cause a loss of principal when foreign currency is converted back to the investors' home currency.
- Exchange controls may apply from time to time to certain foreign currencies. Placing contingent orders, such as “stop loss” or “stop limit” orders, will not necessarily limit losses to the intended amounts. Market conditions may make it impossible to execute such orders.
* The above is only a summary of some of the key risks in investing in the product. Detailed risk disclosures are set out in the documentation relating to the specific product. Prior to entering into a transaction, you should ensure that you have read and understood the nature of all of the risks associated with the investment in order to determine whether the investment is suitable for you in light of your experience, objectives, financial position and other relevant circumstances. You should consult with your legal, regulatory, tax, financial and/or accounting advisors to the extent you consider it necessary in making your own investment decision.
Click on to expand and on to minimise the details.
Citibank customers with existing Checking or Savings Accounts will be able to access Citibank eFX through the Citi Mobile® App or Citibank Online.
|USD||United States Dollar|
|HKD||Hong Kong Dollar|
|NZD||New Zealand Dollar|
|AED||United Arab Emirates Dirham|
|ZAR||South African Rand|
A Market Order allows you to place a buy or sell order at the current market price. Settlement is immediate, and funds will be debited from and credited to your respective accounts immediately.
An Order Watch allows you to place an order in advance, knowing that the trade will only be completed if rates hit the level you desire, within your preferred timeframe (up to 30 calendar days).
Limit Order – To buy below or sell above the current rate. Limit orders attempt to get a better rate than the current one.
Stop-Limit Order – To buy above or sell below the current rate. Such orders are employed to take advantage of upswings and to minimize loss during downswings.
You can set the expiry period to be 24 hours, a week or up to a selected date (within a maximum of 30 calendar days).
All orders will expire at 9.00am on the expiry date set (Singapore time).
The order will lapse and you will need to submit a new order if you wish to continue.
Settlement is immediate upon Trade Confirmation.
Settlement occurs immediately upon successful execution of an Order Watch. Order Watches will be executed when the prevailing market price reaches the specified price set.
Checking Accounts, Savings Accounts and Overnight Deposit Accounts can be used for Market Orders.
Only Overnight Deposits Account can be used for FX Order Watch.
Click here to apply for a Citibank Checking/Savings Account..
An Overnight Deposit Account are holding accounts that store any currencies that you trade. As they are holding accounts, they cannot be used as a source of withdrawals or external transfers.
Not directly. To make a withdrawal from the Overnight Deposit account, you will need to transfer the intended amount to a Current or Savings Account in that currency for withdrawal.
There are no fees to open or maintain the Overnight Deposit Account.
Yes. Overnight Deposit Accounts can be used as the source of funds/debit account for Citibank eFX.