Offshore Renminbi Deposit
When it comes to international banking and wealth management, it is important to seize opportunities at the right moments. With China emerging as a major economic power over the past decade, the Chinese currency Renminbi offers huge potential for growth.
Take advantage of China's rapid economic growth, with the well-timed offer of a Citi IPB Offshore Renminbi Deposit. Enjoy attractive RMB Fixed Deposit rates with a minimum deposit amount of USD50,000 or equivalent. Moreover, enjoy the flexibility to choose between a 7-day or 1-month tenure for your RMB Deposit.
The Citibank Offshore Renminbi Deposit puts you in a strategic position to:
- Participate in the potential appreciation of Renminbi.
- Diversify your currency holdings.
- Enjoy attractive interest rate for Time Deposits.
- Please be reminded that the interest rate for Overnight deposits denominated in CNH has been at 0% p.a. for all balances until further notice.
- Enjoy yield enhancement opportunities by placing CNH into investment products e.g. Bonds or Mutual Funds.
- Capitalize on the rapidly growing Chinese economy.
- 24-Hour CitiPhone Banking and Online Banking services.
- Instant access to your cash via 20,000 Citibank ATMs worldwide.
With the Citibank Offshore Renminbi Deposit, you're ready to:
- Book FX deals for CNH* against major currencies (XAU, EUR, GBP, AUD, NZD, CAD, CHF, SGD, HKD, JPY).
- Choose between a 7 days or 1 month tenure.
*Please note: No physical deposit or withdrawal of Offshore Renminbi is permitted. There is no physical delivery of Offshore Renminbi.
Click on to expand and on to minimise the details.
To find out more about the Offshore Renminbi Deposit, please speak to your Relationship Manager or contact our 24-Hour CitiPhone Banking at +65 6224 5757+65 6224 5757.
Foreign Currency Time Deposits
Foreign currency investments are subject to rate fluctuations, which may provide both opportunities and risks. You may experience a loss when you convert foreign currency back to your home currency. Exchange controls may be applicable from time to time to certain foreign currencies. You should therefore determine whether any foreign currency investment is suitable for you in the light of your investment objectives, your financial means and your risk profile. Foreign currency investments are not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
Deposit Insurance Scheme - Singapore dollar deposits of non-bank depositors are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation, for up to S$75,000 in aggregate per depositor per Scheme member by law. Foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, structured deposits and other investment products are not insured.
Citibank full disclaimers, terms and conditions apply to individual products and banking services.