Global Equities Investment
Interested in investing in global equities like Equity Linked Accounts, mutual funds (unit trusts) and structured notes with a bank based in Singapore?
Equities can help to generate higher potential returns for your investment portfolio* through exposure in shares. Equities can also aid in diversifying your portfolio and play a key role in growing your wealth.
At Citibank, we offer you access to equities, mutual funds (unit trusts) and structured notes through a variety of channels to suit your financial objectives:
Citibank Brokerage (Online Trading)APPLY NOW
Citibank Brokerage allows you to seize opportunities in the world's major stock exchanges (NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX, HKEX and SGX) anytime, anywhere. You can trade independently using our easy to use premium Online Trading Platform or through our Phone Trading Hotline at +65 6333 3223.
Click here to find out more about Citibank Brokerage.
Equity Linked Accounts
Equity Linked Accounts are short tenure, non-principal protected investments that provide you the opportunity to receive higher potential returns on your money based on share price movements.
Click here to find out more about Equity Linked Accounts.
Structured Notes are investments whose returns are linked to the performances of underlying equities or equity indices. This allows you to manage your equities investments, depending on your risk profile and investment objective.
Mutual Funds pool money from many investors with predetermined investment objectives. This allows you to access stock markets which you would not normally be able to access as an individual investor. Mutual Funds can also serve to diversify your equities holdings across multiple assets and geographies in just one investment.
Equities offer you the following advantages:
- Opportunity of capital appreciation and profit, if the selling price of the shares is higher than the buying price
- Opportunity of a regular income from dividends
- Potentially higher returns as compared to bonds and deposits, though the risks are potentially higher
- Protection against inflation
- Relative liquidity, since shares can be easily converted to cash by selling it in the stock market
- Accessibility to share prices through various price-feed channels such as Reuters and Bloomberg
Click on to expand and on to minimise the details.
* The term "Portfolio(s)" referred to in this document are merely references to illustrations of asset allocations in general and are not personalized to your specific investment needs. Your individual investment holding(s) will not be actively monitored by Citibank Singapore Limited and Citibank Singapore Limited does not undertake to, and is not obliged to, undertake a review, manage or monitor your investment holding(s) or to track your investment holding(s).
Investment products are not bank deposits, nor obligations of, nor guaranteed by Citibank Singapore Ltd., Citibank, N.A., Citigroup Inc. or any of its affiliates or subsidiaries and are subject to investment risks, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested. Investment products are not insured products under the provisions of the Deposit Insurance and Policy Owners' Protection Schemes Act 2011 of Singapore and are not eligible for deposit insurance coverage under the Deposit Insurance Scheme and are not insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. Past performance is not indicative of future results and prices and values can go up or down. Investors investing in funds denominated in non-local currency should be aware of the risk of exchange rate fluctuations that may cause a loss of principal when foreign currency is converted back to the investors' home currency. Investors should therefore determine whether any foreign currency investment is suitable for them in the light of their personal investment objectives, financial means and risk profile. All subscriptions for Investment Products must be made on application forms accompanying the prospectus. Prospectuses are available from Citibank Singapore Ltd. and the Fund Managers' offices. Investors should read the prospectus before deciding whether to subscribe for or purchase units in the Investment Products. This document does not constitute the distribution of any information or the making of any offer or solicitation by anyone in any jurisdiction in which such distribution or offer is not authorized or to any person to whom it is unlawful to distribute such a document or make such an offer or solicitation. Investment products are not available to U.S. persons and may not be available in all jurisdictions.
Citibank full disclaimers, Terms and Conditions apply to individual products and banking services.